One of the most important tasks you have when job hunting is to set up and keep a continuous flow of job leads. The more leads you have in your job hunting mix, the better the chance of you connecting and snagging that job you really want. Below are a ten ways you can keep the leads coming.
1. Personal Circle: Family members, friends or professionals you know are great source for job-leads are the number one way to get leads.
2. Online: Search the Internet for key stakeholders in company’s you are interested.
3. Social Networks. Get on them. They are a powerful source of leads.
4. Direct Email. Identify companies and ask about openings or sell yourself to an opening that may not exist but is needed. Do your homework on the company first. find the Recruiter.
5. Want Ads. Newspapers and trade journals do have job ads. Check them out.
6. Search Firms. Try connecting with search firms.
7. Hang Outs: Go to places where employers hang out…restaurants, social activities, clubs, organizations, etc. Don’t forget to take your business card.
8. Government Agencies. Search state/federal employment job boards.
9. Hit the pavement. Knock on the door of an employer, factory or office that interests you.
10. Job Fairs: This is a time when the employer comes to you. Take advantage of these fairs.
The more leads you have in your job hunting mix, the better the chance of you connecting and snagging that job you really want. Add more ways to find jobs to your list. Make a plan and work the plan to connect with as many new leads as possible.
Keep the leads coming.